HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings to Enigma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guy-Om
Passerby

PostSubject: Greetings to Enigma   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Hello all. My name is Guy-Om and I'm a Ken Akamatsu fan. I can't talk for very long with other manga
fans because I tend to think of Akamatsu as just a great all-around comics guy, like Jack Kirby, Stan Lee,
or Will Eisner. I don't cover the whole manga field in any real way. As you may have guessed from the
comic book celebs I just named, I'm an American.

It's not that I pay heed to no other manga. I thought DearS by Peach Pit was wonderful, and the all-too-brief
anime series was a revelation. That's the way to do a legit adaptation of a manga. Not a slavish imitation of
every incident in the comic, but a general respect for the larger contour of the story. Ranma 1/2 as an anime
is fun, what little I've seen, and I may read the manga. School Rumble looks good, again I've only seen a little,
in this case about the first fifth of the first episode. I was lured to it because Yui Horie (a.k.a the voice of Naru
Narusegawa) sings during the credits.

A question: As I write this I'm looking over at the selection of emoticons at the left of the screen and I see a
little guy grinning and flashing the peace sign at me. Can anyone here on Enigma Scanlation provide me with
some insight into what the peace sign means in Japanese culture? Characters in manga at least seem to use it
the way Americans use the thumbs-up, to say "Hiya! Hope everybody's doing great!" or maybe "I'm doin' all right!
Yeah!" But this could be wrong. And is it really the peace sign at all, or is it Winston Churchill's "V-for-victory"
sign? Can anyone tell me about these things?
Back to top Go down
jaime357
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to Enigma   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:53 am

its probably like an ok anyways this place if youve not been here much is mostly empty s not many people find it worthwhile to check up on stuff since its gotten so empty and people arent even lurking anymore or maybe they are but like me just dont sign in anymore and only check this every few days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangafox.com

Greetings to Enigma
Page 1 of 1